BioGenex® SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR Direct Assay (RUO)
- As described in the kit insert, COVID-19 RT-PCR Direct is a real-time reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) test that analyzes nasopharyngeal samples in VTM directly without the need for RNA extraction step.
- Assays target two specific genomic regions of SARS-CoV-2: the nucleocapsid (N1 and N2) genes and another one primer and probe set to detect human RNase P (RP) in a sample.
- Specific: Detection of SARS-CoV-2 the nucleocapsid (N1 and N2) genes
- Sensitive: Limit of detection of 7.25 copies/uL
- Flexible: Compatible with a variety of sample types.
- Reliable: Performance confirmed and verified with case studies from outbreak’s Point of origin.
- Turn around time: Lesser than usual RT-PCR since No RNA Extraction from the sample.
- Reduce the assay time to get faster results.
- Reduce the cost of RT-PCR assay.